Not only are these the best Hot Cross Buns you’ll make this Easter, they’re also healthier than shop bought ones and small enough to pop in whole without over indulging!
Paleo Hot Cross Buns
- 300g ground almonds
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda (or baking powder)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 good tablespoons honey
- zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 free range / organic eggs
- pinch cinnamon
- 80g dried cranberries or cherries
- 50g organic dark chocolate 85% + extra for crosses if you like.
- Preheat oven to 160 C.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well, this includes the dried cherries and dark chocolate.
- Scoop or spoon out 14 small portions onto a baking tray – I like to use a small ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and cool.
- Drizzle dark chocolate crosses on top if you like.
I hope you enjoyed making these as much as I did! Let me know if they were a winner in your house!