January has certainly earned it’s name for being National Detox Month after December seems to have been one big party.
My kitchen is still full of selection boxes, Christmas cake and evidence of all the frolics in the form of cocktails and snowballs. No surprise after all the excess in December, it leaves January as the perfect time for starting your New Year resolutions.
We are all guilty of over-indulging during the party season, it’s a chance to let your hair down and spend time with family and socialising with friends. The only problem is, eating rich foods and drinking more alcohol than you are used to can take its toll on your energy levels as well as your waistline.
January seems a breath of fresh air removing all the nasties and replacing them with fresh fruit and vibrant veg, but be cautious of under consuming calories and leaving out certain food groups as it can do more harm than good.
So, without further ado, let me point you in the right direction when it comes to detoxing.
The top 10 foods and drinks we should add into our diet this month:
- Water should always be at the top of the list to aid digestion
- Omega-3 foods like avocado, fish oil and olive oil
- Green tea which helps boost your liver function
- Lemon ~ add some to a glass of water to get your day started
- Beetroot ~ full of vitamins B3, B6, C and beta-carotene
- Ginger ~ helps improve digestion and is high in antioxidants which is good for boosting the immune system.
- Green veggies ~ we want Chlorophyll from green veggies as it rids the body of environmental toxins,
- Raw garlic ~ contains powerful antiviral, antiseptic and antibiotic properties.
- Artichokes ~ increases bile production to purify and protect the liver. They also have a mild diuretic effect on the kidneys, which aides in toxin removal once the liver breaks them down.
- Turmeric is a powerful spice that has enormous anti-inflamotry properties and is a natural anti-oxidant. Enjoy it in curries, stews and with warm milk.
One final piece of advice I have so you don’t undo all your hard work once February comes around.
Get some exercise! Combined with your healthy eating you will feel amazing by the end of January and be inspired to continue your new healthy lifestyle… Remember to hold yourself accountable for making progressions.
“If you don’t take care of yourself, who will?”
There’s more information on making your goals and lifestyle, along with a 10 day detox in my ebook ~ A New Dimension To Ultimate Health available to purchase on Amazon now!
Want a FREE 7 Day Detox? Enter your best email HERE