What a beautiful week it’s going to be weather wise! Take caution when you’re exercising outdoors, remember lots more water than usual, a hat and plenty of sun protection. Here’s a few tips to keep you well during the heatwave.
- Stay hydrated ~ Even if you’re a regular outdoor exerciser you’ll need to take on extra before and after your workout. The heat can do funny things to our body and just because you don’t feel thirsty doesn’t mean your not dehydrated.
- Avoid exercising in the sun during the the hours of 11am-2pm as the sun is at its hottest. Save it for early morning or later in the afternoon.
- Take a few more breaks than you normally would. This will give your body a chance to cool down.
- Choose lightweight clothing and light coloured – avoid black as this tends to trap the heat!
- Use sunscreen – It’s important to reapply too if you lotioned up in the morning. It’s a good idea to do this 30 minutes before you go outside.
- Lastly, listen to your body. If you don’t feel right, stop exercising immediately, stretch out and drink some water. Next time plan your session differently.
Jazzing Up Your Meals
If you’re a bit of a foodie, you’ll love the following tips to jazz up any meal! Try these and let me know what you think… I love hearing from you!
Watercress and Coconut Pesto
- 100g Watercress
- 25g Desiccated coconut
- 1 Lime
- 1 Chilli
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- A pinch of sea salt
- Blitz the watercress, coconut, lime zest, 2 tbsp lime juice and chilli slices in a food processor.
- Trickle in the coconut milk to make it just come together. Taste and tweak any of the ingredients to taste.
- Serve with seafood or over rice/courgette noodles.
- 1/2 Cucumber, coarsely grated
- Good pinch sea salt
- 1/2 Mug Greek or natural yogurt
- Mint leaves
- Place the grated cucumber in a sieve with the sea salt and push out any access water (this stops your raita going watery)
- Mix the cucumber with the yogurt and add in the finely chopped mint leaves.
- Serve with salad or curry!
New Dimensions Online Membership
As mentioned in yesterday’s email. I’m launching a new online membership as part of my website where you can be part of a community coached by myself and other guest experts. Each week new content will be added in to the site, including webinars, fitness challenges, Q&A’s, personal and group support.
In a nutshell it’s going to be jam packed with helpful content for you to take away and implement immediately in to your lifestyle. Rest assured you will receive up to date research and science based facts to help you live a better healthier life.
Each month you will be coached, motivated, supported and have the opportunity to ask questions relating to you specifically.
Better still, you can register for a FREE 28 day trial for this amazing membership! (After your trial period your membership is £9.97 per month.)
Supercharge My Life is launching on 1st Aug look out for the Registration email!
Thought of the week
“The way to bring about change is to be proactive and active” ~ Octavia Spencer