This is your Easter newsletter and I’m bringing you chocolate egg ideas, fitness fun and some mind coaching techniques. – The 3 areas we coach at New Dimensions Fitness.
Firstly, lets start with my favourite – Chocolate! I’ve tweaked this recipe a few times and I think I’ve got it just right now with the flavour and texture. Try it and let me know what you think! It makes a great gift.
You’ll need your chocolate moulds – either traditional eggs, easter bunnies or anything you can get your hands on.
Homemade Chocolate Easter Treats
- 1 cup cacao butter (finely chopped)
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp raw honey (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of smoked sea salt (optional)
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of water.
- Add in the cacao powder and sea salt and mix thoroughly
- Start to add your honey a little at a time to desired taste
- Using a pastry brush, (or paint brush!) dip into the chocolate and spread a layer into each mould.
- Place in the fridge while you make the fillings! Some favourites of mine are smooth natural peanut butter, for Reeces. Coconut for Bounty and gooey apricots for a caramel centre. (See below for fillings recipes)
- After you have made your fillings, push 1/2 tsp in to each mould then brush with your chocolate to cover.
- Place in the fridge for each one to set. Try not to eat them all at once!
Salted Apricot Caramels
- 250g organic, unsulphered apricots
- Generous pinch sea salt
- 80g coconut oil, room temperature (i.e. not melted)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- In a food processor, combine the above and blitz until smooth.
- 200g bar of creamed coconut
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. raw honey
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 150 g desiccated coconut
Place the unopened packet of creamed coconut in a bowl of warm water to melt it through. When it’s soft all the way through, pour into a bowl and mix in the coconut oil (it will melt if it’s hard), raw honey, vanilla, salt and 2–4 tablespoons water if you like a softer centre. Stir in the desiccated coconut evenly to create a doughy consistency.
Reeces Cup Cakes
I use Meridians smooth natural peanut butter. Just give it a good stir up and spoon into the moulds.
The Importance Of Concentration
Did you know that the average person holds an idea or thought for 6 seconds then moves on to another thought? It’s true! Ever wonder why you’re not getting results at the gym? You can’t hold a thought long enough.
Concentration is essential to the manifestation of your desires and to the elimination of non-supportive thinking.
Most people have a mistaken idea of what concentration is. They associate it with hard work and sometimes painful school memories, convincing themselves in the process that concentration is difficult. If, however, you’ve ever lost yourself in the enjoyment of a movie, book or other activity, you found that concentration actually comes quite naturally when you are engaged in something that you enjoy.
All concentration requires is practice. It’s a skill that is learned and developed… and like most skills the more you use it, the easier it becomes. In fact, as you develop your powers of concentration, not only will you find it progressively easier to direct your thoughts towards what purpose you have chosen, you also find your own mental clarity and powers of insight greatly enhanced.
Developing your concentration is like developing and strengthening the muscle. If, for example, you haven’t been to the gym for while you’ll find your first workout torturous, difficult and may even feel “out of it.” But if you continue working out every day by following a regular routine, you will soon start to see results and you’ll find it more enjoyable and you may even have some fun.
It’s the same with working out in the mental gym of your mind. Your mind is not used to discipline thinking, so your first few attempts at concentration will be met with resistance, and obviously will not be nearly as productive as after you have been mentally working out for a while. Try to practise regularly.
We have 2 more places that have become available on our VIP Body Transformation. You will learn similar techniques during the 12 weeks that will give you the power to maintain a healthy lifestyle forever.
It’s a dice decider so all you will need is a dice and to write down 3 of your most favourite exercises and 3 of your worst exercises. Number them 1-6 and then set a timer on your phone for 10 minutes. Throw the dice and the number showing corresponds to your numbered exercises you wrote down. Perform 20 reps of your exercise, then throw the dice again and repeat the process. Continue for 10 mins, trying to get as many throws in as possible.
Thought Of The Week…
“Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.” ~ S.D. Gordon