Don’t be fooled into thinking half hour isn’t going to be worth it, it really is, especially if you’re hitting high intensity threshold. Here’s a few reasons to prioritise 30 minutes a day:
- Decreases The Risk Of Heart Disease – Being physically active strengthens your heart. The stronger your heart, the more blood is pushed out per beat
- Increases Circulation And Boosts Energy – When your circulation is more efficient, vital nutrients and minerals are transported around your body via your blood. This provides your muscles, brain and liver with essential fuel, boosting your energy and replenishing your cells.
- Increases Metabolism And Reduces The Risk Of Metabolic Syndrome – Particularly if your exercise session consisted of weight bearing activity. The more lean tissue (muscle) you have, the more efficient your metabolism. Your body will begin to metabolise fat more efficiently if you combine your workouts with good nutrition.
- Burns Body Fat – I recommend intensity to be high during your 30 minute workout to encourage EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption.) Essentially this is where your continue to utilise calories consumed after exercise has finished.
- Easier To Schedule Into Your Diary – Finding 30 minutes in your day is much easier than an hour. Sessions can be done at home, in the garden, at the park or even during your lunch break!
- Reverses Chronic Diseases – Combined with good nutrition, a consistent exercise routine can reduce type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, stress and diverticulitis.
30 minutes, 6 days a week is sufficient to achieve the above benefits. If you make a plan and keep workouts varied you will feel the benefits very quickly!
Keep yourself active with these 30 minutes equipment free home workouts