The opening ceremony of the Rio Olympics kicks off on Saturday and I’m hopeful as ever the impact on our younger generation will be positive. Our athletes show dedication, passion and commitment to their training and are fantastic role models to any aspiring athlete. Unless of course, they’re Russian and caught up in the doping scam, utterly shameful behaviour and completely unacceptable…. Don’t even get me started on the main sponsors of the whole event – McDonalds and Coke-a-Cola 😡😡
Our members will be enjoying some olympic themed sessions and challenges throughout this month. A great way to add variety into sessions and create fun competitions to push all fitness levels.
In Season For August
Raspberries, plums and cos lettuce best during August. I particularly like using raspberries for jam. Just blitz in the nutria-bullet with chia seeds and a little honey then keep in the fridge. Easy for using on healthy blueberry scones or mixed in with some Greek yogurt.
Plums are particularly good for helping to visit the bathroom! Try them if going to the toilet is a problem for you.
Cos lettuce – essential for the perfect Caesar Salad. Try this recipe below for an easy summer lunch
- 1 Small Ciabatta Loaf • 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Sea Salt
- 2 Small Cos Lettuce, washed
- 50g Parmesan Shavings
- 1 x 50g Anchovy Fillets (save the drained juice for the dressing)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard • 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 60ml Yogurt
- Dash Tabasco Sauce
- Freshly ground Black Pepper & salt
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Arrange the lettuce in a shallow bowl, tearing any of the larger leaves in half
- Toss the leaves with the dressing and sprinkle over the parmesan and anchovies.
- Serve in the large bowl or individually
Makes a great starter or light lunch in the summer, chicken breasts can be added to make a more substantial meal
I’m delighted to be launching very soon – New Dimensions Fitness membership site for all the online coaching available to you! I’m just putting the finishing touches to the programmes and coaching on offer and will be inviting you to subscribe to ‘Supercharge Me‘ FREE 28 day trial.
The Supercharge Me membership programme, gives exclusive access to an online coaching programme that offers real time and persistent insight into fitness and makes it suitable to your unique needs with determined coaching and support.
Your online health membership programme will set the pace and get you involved in your body transformation progress!
- Regular up-to-date home workouts and recipes
- Guest speakers and industry experts that offer detailed yet simple insight for your benefit
- Webinars and coaching from myself that keeps you informed and engaged
- Monthly Q&A’s
- Social support from other members — proven to boost motivation and focus
- Competitions — and of course prizes!
- Weekly content of up-to-date information on nutrition including leading discoveries and what you can do to improve your health immediately
The Supercharge Me membership programme is designed to complement your desire in
achieving better health and fitness with a co-ordinated strategy that will motivate and teach you
to lose body fat — and keep it away for good!
Kick start your health and fitness goals with my Free Supercharge Me Online Workshop
Sat 6th August 2016 @ 1pm BST
Set aside the time to do this for yourself. You deserve it.
Sign Up HERE Today For Your Free Place
Thought of the week
“People always say I’m a legend, but I’m not. Not until I’ve defended my Olympic titles. That’s when I’ve decided I’ll be a legend. ` Usain Bolt